Porcelain Veneers/Veneers in a Day
Recreate a Hollywood Smile with Porcelain Veneers
So many celebrities have perfect teeth – gleaming, white, aligned, and complementary to their features. Do you know how most of them achieved their flawless smiles? Through the magic of porcelain veneers. But this cosmetic dentistry solution is not reserved for the elite alone. Anyone, no matter your age or station in life, can benefit from a smile makeover that includes the incredible porcelain veneers. And for patients who need a cosmetic repair immediately, porcelain veneers in a day are available using the innovative, on-site CEREC reconstruction system.
What Problems Do Porcelain Veneers Fix?
One of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures because of its incredible effectiveness and versatility, porcelain veneers are used to eliminate and hide cosmetic problems such as:
- Chips or cracks
- Wide or odd spacing
- Stains or discoloration
- Short teeth
- Uneven teeth
- Worn enamel
Veneers are custom-made to fit your smile, and the incredibly thin pieces of porcelain are shaped and sized to cover your natural teeth, elongating them if necessary, and perfecting your smile as a whole.
What Is the Porcelain Veneer Application Process?
The porcelain veneer application process begins with your dentist taking an impression of your teeth and then creating a mold which is then used by the dental lab to create custom veneers to suit your smile. The size of your veneers as well as their shape, color, and translucency are carefully designed so they will blend with your existing teeth and improve your smile as a whole. Because porcelain veneers are so thin, it is critical to consider the color of the natural tooth underneath so that the final veneer shade looks authentic.
When your veneers are ready, they are carefully placed over the front of your teeth, then shaped and edited so that they fit properly in your mouth and flatter your smile and face. Your dentist will ask you to look carefully at your smile before permanently bonding the veneers to your teeth using special lights.
After the veneers are solidified, shaped, and your bite is checked for comfort, then it’s up to you to take care of your new smile with proper brushing and flossing. Veneers that are well cared for can last for decades.
What Are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
Besides their obvious ability to completely revitalize your smile, porcelain veneers have many other benefits:
- Porcelain veneers are strong. They are resistant to chips (though that doesn’t mean you should be trying to open bottles with your teeth or chewing on ice) and they are also stain resistant and will not discolor over time if cared for properly.
- Don’t feel like being a brace face as an adult? Don’t want to dedicate yourself to the Invisalign orthodontic process? Feeling impatient for a better smile? Porcelain veneers are incredibly convenient as a method of getting the straight smile you’ve always wanted – plus, your grin will be white, flawless, and completely natural-looking.
- If you’ve been seeking the fountain of youth, porcelain veneers can give you a few drops of that liquid gold. Veneers not only improve your smile, they have the ability to plump up your lips a bit, which restores the volume that is naturally lost with age and also diminishes fine lines and wrinkles around your mouth.
- Porcelain veneers correct several problems at once. So if you want aligned teeth, white teeth, and you want to repair any chips, cracks, breaks, or flaws, porcelain veneers are versatile enough to get the job done.
- Your appearance will improve with the application of porcelain veneers. There is no doubt that a stunning smile alters your look for the better – not only will veneers help you look younger, they also have the ability to make you look healthier, happier, and, yes, even wealthier.
Can I Really Get Veneers in a Day?
Veneers in a day are certainly an option for many dental patients. To put this treatment in perspective, know this: Traditional porcelain veneers can take weeks to create at an off-site dental lab. And, once those veneers are sent to your dentist’s office, inspected, and shown to you, a discovery may be made that the color, shape, or shading isn’t quite right. That involves more weeks of waiting as the veneers are repaired or completely redone. What the CEREC system offers patients is the ability to alter veneers on-site in a fraction of the time the efforts would take at an off-site lab, and therefore less time between your decision to get veneers and having this cosmetic dentistry option actually placed on your teeth.
Visit Dr. Eduardo Rodriguez and Dr. Sharon Schmeiser in Miami, Florida, to learn about porcelain veneers and whether you are a candidate for veneers in a day. Whether your smile makeover is immediate, or whether it takes a few weeks to complete, the result will be the same: A rejuvenated appearance, a renewed self-confidence, and a smile that makes you look like a superstar.